Thursday, November 04, 2004

I dislike noisy people..

Being a relatively quiet person, or maybe I only talk more crap in the right group of friends.. I really really really really dislike (read: hate) noisy people.

Take Singapore Idol for instance.
I mean no offence but the contestants' fans are really pissing me off. Whenever a contestant finishes a song, they cheer (read: SCREECH) at the top of their lungs. I swear I cringed at least 3 times when I watched the show today. Thanks to the hordes of adolescent girls screaming and cheering for their respective idols.
Whenever the judges pass a bad comment, the fans start booing. Ugh.. I really don't like that because its like you're disrespecting other people's opinions outrightly.
I honestly also don't quite understand the craze about Singapore Idol, especially when I saw the idols go for meet-the-fans sessions. One particularly disturbing image was of this girl, she was crying for LORD'S SAKE and started blabbering something about how much she loves Sylvester Sim.

I don't know if I'm jealous or not (craving the attention of crying, teenage pre-pubescent girls??) but the last time I saw these images of crying girls was somewhere during the 1990s when they filmed a documentary on Michael Jackson's life. Michael Jackson vs Singapore Idols.. hmmm

Ok lah like my relative once commented on her daughter vis-a-vis our relatively rebellious cousin: At least she got idol what..(her idol was the Taiwanese boyband Energy), unlike XXX, no idol to look up to now look what he has become?

Listening to: Fans STILL SCREAMING cos my mother is watching the videotaped SG Idol, did I mention my sister watched it also before my mother came back? Fans screaming X3.. ok Gurmit just told the crowd to SCREAM.. FUCKER!

No comments: