Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Some musings~

Just read the 'famous' xia xue's blog a while ago cos the topic came up in BFSW & J's MSN conversation.

Seems like she criticised Fiona Xie (yeah the actress) because she thinks that Fiona's blog is hypocritical. Whatever, maybe she is maybe she isn't. All I can see is that her blog is quite devoted to God since she mentions Him in all her entries I believe.

It just came to me that people nowadays seem to be kind of spiralling back to the Stone Age or something. Our lives seem entwined with hatred and contempt, when with our higher standards of living we should actually be enjoying life more. Shouldn't we? I also read this particular blog, saying how little we get to experience the human touch nowadays.

I don't think I have an idol, and my idol definitely isn't FX because I seldom watch local TV in the first place, not that I hate her or something. At first I thought her acting was quite plastic and her voice was really wispy and all that. Soon I didn't much bother about that since it didn't really make an impact on my life. Well I realised the importance of actually having idols around through my cousins who were quite idol crazy. (For the Taiwanese boyband Energy)

Once I asked my aunt if her daughters were spending too much time and money on chasing idols. You know, the typical idol-crazy teenager, queueing up overnight for their beloved band's tickets and attending concerts, autograph sessions, promotional events etc etc. Well her answer was that at least her daughters have a certain someone to look up to. Most probably unlike my delinquent cousin who is obviously a deviant person with respect to my family who doesn't really have an idol, a goal, a certain direction to work towards.

Reading xia xue's blog, I almost thought I was watching wrestling. Her style has not changed much since I first read it a year(roughly) back. Her thoughts are IMHO a little exaggerated or biased. Almost like my prima donna cousin (yes, the one with the BMW 7 series and Fairlady Z) in some sense.

Oh well, no offence meant to anyone mentioned above. I tried to be as coherent as I could :p

At the end of the day, it all boils down to perspective. Your own, that is, which will determine your own mood and feelings.

No comments: