Friday, January 14, 2005

Yayee! Its Friday!!

Despite Friday having only 1 lecture, today still ended up as quite eventful. First there was SZX's lesson where I tried valiantly and unsuccessfully to draw a Japanese actor. Nevermind, I think I draw skeletons pretty well now.

After that, proceeded to canteen and ate the ice cream waffle with blueberry ice cream and some whipped cream. Wah.. not bad but I was starting to get a bit sick at the ending so its definitely not a staple for me. Went to Clementi to pay the URA fine and topped up my pathetic bank account. Next I drove to IMM, parked there and went to Tanjong Pagar to meet J for lunch. It was on the way there that I finally met the long thought to be extinct...

INDIGENOUS MRT NATIVE!!!! WAHHHH!!!

I boarded the train at Jurong East station and then at Clementi, more people boarded the train and it was getting relatively crowded and as usual the area near the train doors were quite packed. Then we came to Buona Vista and I noticed this woman, around her 30s or 40s, she came into the train and she immediately flung a cardigan/sweater/piece of cloth on the floor and she proceeded to happily sit down. Yeah man, right in the center of the door area facing the door which WILL open all the way till Raffles Place or City Hall I can't recall. So I started eyeing her suspiciously like "wtf is she doing... siao za bor etc etc"

She sure made herself at home, she was wearing a skirt (the type of formal office wear) and she somehow managed to sit so that her legs were tucked outside and pointed backwards if you get what I mean. The sitting position that if you're not flexible enough, you should not attempt. Anyway she morphed into the cross leg position (the type us students sit when in the school hall during assembly..) and she opened her bag which I assume was the free NDP gift since it had so many sponsors on it.

Next up was a minor hairdressing session, she started combing her hair and brushing her long tresses in front of the door. By this time I had noticed something white flash across on my left but I didn't really catch what it was so I continued looking at the ... "weird auntie" at best. We reached Commonwealth and I could see that this secondary school couple were going to come in through THAT door. So I happily waited while the couple looked through the glass window and thought that this cabin is relatively empty.. haha.

Sure enough they almost stepped on her (dammnit, LOL) and somehow they decided to ...tadah! STAND IN BETWEEN HER AND THE DOOR. OMG I wanted to laugh out so loud my toes were quivering in protest, maybe my sideburns were vibrating already...
Then I noticed the white thing again.. its the TEETH of the auntie standing beside me! HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!! It is SOOO damned funny she is trying hard not to giggle and when she does, she will let out a SUPER ULTRA FUNNY grin and use her arm, which is holding on the the safety handles on top, to shield her face which is like exploding with laughter. I swear I almost involuntarily sniggered with her together.. almost.. haha!

Anyway after combing her hair, the weird auntie started to.. tadah #2.. DIG HER EARS! EAR POO! Using her 4th finger (I observed her very carefully) she reached behind her neck and under the cover of her long hair, she will proceed to 'mine some gold' out and then, TADAH #3... FLICK IT AWAY with her thumbnail! Fantastic..

After all this mental trauma, fellow passengers had a short workshop on how to tie your long hair with a 'scrungee' (no idea how to spell it). Weirdo finally alighted at Tiong Bahru station at which I think all the passengers in the train let out a collected sigh. All this time the auntie had been half sniggering half quivering beside me, maybe she was even funnier than the weirdo herself. Haha..

------------------------------------

After having lunch with J, I walked her back to her office and then I took the lift down 20 storeys.
Ding! 17th storey - 2 office girls walk in.
Ding! 15th storey - I think I saw the Sun..

A young lady in her 20s or early 30s I suppose flashed the whole lift a mega wrong, GIGA watt smile. I supposed she knew one of the other 2 girls so I didn't think much of it.

Weird... how come they aren't talking?

Ding! - 1st storey, I was about to walk out of the lift then I remembered the stupid lift door closes very fast so I shifted my weight, about to walk out liao then shift it back to press the 'open' button.

"Thank you!" chirped the Sun.
"Welcome" I replied nonchalantly.
"That is so sweet!" the Sun replied in the most... honey, sugar, ester, chocolate, strawberry saccharinely sweet tone I have ever heard. Oh and she blinded me with her GIGA + 1 watt smile.

I was blinded on the way home, what a day..

No comments: